Wednesday 19 January 2011

Filming update

Since my last blog I have started filming footage for my teaser trailer. This is going very well and I think I have enough footage to put together to create a decent length trailer. I don't want my teaser trailer to be any longer than a minute because from what my research has shown, many are about 1 minute and I want this to be a convention that I challenge.

I used a tripod to steady the camera whilst filming so that there wasn't any unsteady movements within my filming. The tripod really helped as it made it easy to move the camera side to side/up and down without it looking too shaky. It also allowed me to film footage and have both hands free to do the things that I wanted to do. I used this opportunity to create different sounds effects and play around with the lighting.

My original idea was to find outside with the camera close up against the window using the tripod but when it came to filming the footage, I found that even with the camera up against the window, it I could still see the reflection of the camera. This meant that I had to change the way that I filmed my footage which was a shame because I thought that this would have created the look that I was after of my character being watched from the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment